MICE target phone meeting
11Oct10; 10:00 BST
Present: EC, JT, PS, PH, CB, EO, GB, BS,
1. Stator QA: GB, Ben Sheppard, et al.
See slides: here.
The results of the survey indicated that there is a
variation in the position of the magnetic axis along the stator. The results
from Bz do not seem to be consistent with Bx and By. This could be due to non-circularity
of the windings. I wont attempt a detailed set of notes on the discussion.
This is what we agreed:
- Since there is no evidence of a single offset, we decided
to re-fit T2 with the improved mechanical pieces and with the shaft at its
nominal position. We would then soak test the re-fitted T2 as defined on
the schedule in order to:
- Understand the degree to which the improved mechanical
components reduce the wear on the bearings; and
- Soak test the new controller – important to insure good
behaviour in running next year.
- The magnetic fields in stator ‘T3’ which is assembled but
not welded will be measured to allow a comparison with the fields of T2;
- Work will begin in earnest on a redesign of the coil
manufacture. KL will contact TB to discuss how to proceed. In parallel,
we will begin to work on the measurement and procurement of more permanent
2. Next meeting
call: 13Oct10; 09:00 BST